Calcutta (Kolkata) & Beyond - Special Tour
Calcutta like most part of India has a long history of foreign influence and it is visible in most part of the city. The suburbs of Calcutta too has some eye-catching influences of its past, and to spend a day exploring these forgotten glorious monuments is definitely worthwhile.
Sites included are:
- BELUR MATH (http://belurmath.org/home.htm)
- DAKHINESHWAR TEMPLE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakshineswar)
- BANDEL CHURCH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandel_Church)
- FRENCH COLONY IN CHANDANAGORE (http://www.chandannagar.com/htmlfiles/chanhistory.htm)
- IMAMBARA HOOGHLY(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugli-Chuchura)
This travel starts early in the morning and finishes in the evening There are so many temples included in this trip that one might get a impression of being on a religious tour.
These sites have been chosen not for their religious significance, but for their architectural and historical value. Apart from this, most of these sites are situated on the banks of the river Hooghly, so it provides a good scenic beauty.
Vehicle: AC/non ac, car or jeep.
Cost of the trip:
AC vehicle: rupees 5500 (for 1 to 3 people, and 1200 for every additional traveler.)
Non ac vehicle: rupees 5000(for 1 to 3 people, and 1000 for every additional traveler.)
Duration :( 7am till 7pm)
Tour is valid all round the year.
Pick up point: Pick up and drop from our office. Free pick up from your hotel in central kolkata.Extra charges of rupees 500 if you want pick up and drop outside central Kolkata.